The articles published in the Romanian Journal of Petroleum & Gas Technology (pISSN 2734–5319; ISSN-L 2734–5319; eISSN 2972–0370) follows a double blind peer-review procedure. Thus, each paper registered for publication is separately assessed and reviewed by two reviewers who will not be aware of the author’s identity. In their turn, the authors do not know the reviewers’ identity.
The scientific review is accomplished by outstanding specialists in the field of the paper under review.
The appointed scientific reviewers may belong to the scientific committee of the Romanian Journal of Petroleum & Gas Technology or not.
Having followed the editing requirements, the manuscript is sent to the two reviewers appointed by the editorial board for that topic. They must send their decision to the Editor within 20 days after they have received the manuscript to be reviewed.
The assessment criteria are mainly the following:
- Relevance of the domain under focus and of the information provided;
- Creativity and originality, especially in interpretations and conclusions;
- Usefulness and opportunity of the results against the current background;
- Compliance with the ethics;
- Compliance with article structure (abstract, keywords, introduction, experimental data, results and discussions, conclusions);
- Accuracy of the content;
- Style clarity and accessibility;
- Significance and credit of scientific data presented;
- Interests of the readers;
- Appropriate use of the references.
The reviewers shall fill in a form taking into account the main criteria and send it to the Editor. The latter shall inform the authors about the reviewers decision as regards the reviewed article.
The reviewer shall express his decision in one of the following terms:
- Accept with minor revisions
- Paper requires major revisions
- Reject, but encourage resubmission of new manuscript
- Reject with no encouragement to resubmit
Besides the reasons concerning the scientific content of the article, the reviewer may reject the manuscript whenever he/she ascertains a case of plagiarism, similarity or compiling.
In case the article is “accepted without objections”, the editorial board is entitled to demand the authors to make certain changes as regards both the layout and the content of the paper, whenever necessary.
The articles accompanied by the review are sent to the Editor in Chief of the Romanian Journal of Petroleum & Gas Technology who classifies them into the following categories:
- Articles to be published are scheduled for publication in a chronological order, according to their registration and to the end point of the review procedure;
- Publication waiting list includes articles that require further improvement according to the reviewers comments;
- Not to be published articles.